Tuesday, June 19, 2007

{ Doodled Thank You }

I needed a special thank you for some friends. Normally I just open my box of cards and find something, but nothing I had on hand seemed good enough! So I spent the morning stamping, something I rarely do! Normally I don't stamp till the afternoon after all the errands and chores are done. So I guess you could say I called in sick to work today!


When I first saw the 2007 SU Spring Mini I had to have this designer paper... have I used it yet? Once on two cards I made the day I got it and all it has done since then is sit in a file folder. I have seen some beautiful card where people used a brayer to cover the vanilla in other colors of ink. I did that here with So Saffron ink.


The main image was stamped with StazOn Timber Brown ink. I masked off the flower and stamped the swirls behind it. I used Prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits to color in the image. I'm having so much fun with that as you can tell since I use them on most my cards right now!


The edges of all the layer are sponged with Chocolate Chip ink. The top layer is also sponged with So Saffron and Gable Green ink as well.


I popped the main image and all it's layers up with dimensionals. It is hard to tell from the picture, but there is ivory organdy ribbon ran straight across the card with no tie under the grosgrain ribbon.

Well I hope they like it! Now I have to get to work and get this house in order! My youngest brother in law is staying with us for a month this summer. As you can imagine our lives and house are a bit messy with a 17 year old boy sleeping on our couch! So I have to go get things in order. Hopefully I'll have some time to stamp some more later on tonight because I'm really in the mood!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU Doodle This, Warmest Regards
Paper: SU Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Au Chocolat DP
Ink: SU So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, Gable Green; StazOn Timber Brown
Embellishments: SU Ribbon
Other: SU Ticket Punch; Prismacolor Pencils, Odorless Mineral Spirits, Brayer
Techniques: Sponging, Masking

No comments: