Sunday, December 31, 2006
So here I am, New Year's Eve, sitting in bed, playing on the computer, watching TV, about to go to sleep. Probably the same thing I was doing last year and the year before.
Since I am not a New Year's fan, I am also not into New Year's resolutions that much either. But I figured since I've got this whole "Stamping Blog" thing going I should make a few stamping resolutions and see if I can keep them. So here they are:
1. I am going to stop hoarding designer paper and embellishments and I am going to actually use what I have!
- If you stacked all my designer paper in a stack on the floor it would probably be 5 feet tall! I have far more embellishments than I have designer paper.
2. I am going to stop buying stamps simply because they are cute and I like them. I will only buy them when I know I will use them!
- Enough with the stamps that are unmounted a year later!
3. I'm going to have all my Christmas cards/stamped gifts done before November 1st!
- This sounds ridiculous, I know, but if you knew my mailing/shipping habits I have to do this in order to get them in the mail on time! I made hundreds of tags and gift boxes to give to some friends and family this last Christmas that didn't get shipped out. Pathetic... but hey, I guess I have a jump start on Christmas '07! Or....
4. I AM GOING TO SHIP/ MAIL THINGS ON TIME!
Did I just say that? Oh boy, that last one is really going to be a challenge!
We'll see how this goes!
Saturday, December 30, 2006
First off I have to say, I'm boring! If you can think of something more weird or odd about me let me know because I can't think of a thing!
So here are the rules: Once you are tagged you MUST write an entry about 6 weird habits/things you do/odd information, as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next six people to be tagged and list their names.
1. 90% of my clothing is from American Eagle. This isn't because I love their clothes (although I really do!) but because I hate shopping for clothing. I have such a hard time finding things that fit me well and I hate trying on clothes. I can buy just about anything from AE w/o trying it on and be happy with it.
2. I am the queen of Dr. Mario. No one can beat me! No one will even play with me anymore :(
3. I can't watch enough sappy made-for-tv movies. My tivo always has tons of Lifetime movies recorded on it and I spend my weekends (while stamping) watching marathons of crappy movies. This crazy obsession would probably also explain why I can't get enough GH or AMC. It's all pathetic, I know... and I don't care.
4. No matter how hard I try I can't mail or ship anything on time. I still have my brother, fsil & parent's Christmas gift boxed and ready to go, but not actually shipped. I also made some Christmas stuff for some friends in November that is still sitting at my stamping desk. If you get something on time from me you're lucky!
5. I have collected pencils since I was in 6th grade. My first pencil was given to me by the teachers assistant (can't remember her name). I started by keeping them in a shoe box. I now have three huge plastic containers. Two at home and one in storage. I haven't counted in a year and I have collected a ton since then so I can only estimate the number of pencils I have which is somewhere near 4500. My goal is to break a world record one day.
6. I can't wear high shoes. I sprained my ankle so many times when I was young I had to have surgery to fix it. When I wear high shoes I sprain my ankle and since the surgery it hurts worst than ever before (of five times I've worn high shoes since the surgery I've sprained it twice). I don't want to risk the surgery again so I can't wear high shoes.
My 6: Todd, Jodi, Stephanie, Danielle, Rheanna & Gerdie
Stamps: SU Wild About You
Paper: SU Always Artichoke, Close to Cocoa, Very Vanilla
Ink: SU Always Artichoke, Going Gray, Rose Red, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Ballet Blue, Craft Always Artichoke
Embellishments: Brads, googly eyes, SU ribbon
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Sunday, December 17, 2006
At least I was able to get some stamping time in today. Maybe I'll make another card later tonight, depending on what time we get home.
Okay, time to get ready.
Paper: SU Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Summer Sun
I will post a template and tutorial shortly.
Saturday, December 16, 2006
I am addicted to ribbon lately and my newest craze is the jumper! I recently bought some Making Memories oval jumpers that I used here. I absolutely love the way the ribbon turned out on the top of my card.... it was a little difficult though! These particular jumpers wanted to separate when I pulled them unless they were used just right.
Designed by Lindsi Dawn; Some images copyright Stampin’ UpStamps: SU Island Blossoms, Too Terrific Tags
Paper: SU Always Artichoke, Old Olive & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU Always Artichoke, Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise, Old Orange, Craft Chocolate Chip & Craft Tempting Turquoise.
Embellishments: SU ribbon, eyelets, snaps and jumpers.
Friday, December 15, 2006
Thursday, December 14, 2006
Wednesday, December 13, 2006
I had a lot of fun creating this card. After cutting the card stock in the layers I wanted I punched the flowers out of the brocade blue card stock with an EK Success flower punch then ran the negative through my Cuttlebug with the Swirls embossing folder. I then attached the punched out flowers with brads and added the tag and embellishments. Quick and easy!
I ended up loving the finished product so much I made seven more. Only took me a little over two hours to make all eight. I kept two for me and am sending the other six off for a thank you card swap I'm in. Hope they like them!
Stamps: SU Terrific Tags
Paper: SU Sage Shadow, Very Vanilla, Brocade Blue
Ink: SU Craft Sage Shadow
Embellishments: SU ribbon, fastener, brads
Monday, December 11, 2006
Thursday, December 7, 2006
APARENTLY this tool is the coolest tool in the world because he couldn't get over how great it was! He had to look at it from all angles and put a few pieces of scrap paper through it... it was really funny!
Then he says "I should make a card." Well of course I kind of blew it off... let me just say this, my hubby is into Football, hunting, fishing, beer, wood carving, playing football on the PS2 and for a living he is a technician, yes he fixes things... he is what you would call a "manly man." So I blew it off because he couldn't possibly be serious!
So tonight he went with me to AC Moore so I could use two of the Michael's coupons in one trip... while there we had a little conversation that went something like this,
"I've been thinking about the card I'm going to make all day!"
I'm thinking "hahahaha! All day??!!"
"I know exactly what I'm going to make, but I can't tell you because you'll take my idea and make it first."
I'm thinking, "I'm going to steal your idea?"
"So can I make my card on Saturday? You have to watch me, you can't make one of your own."
Now he's got a little more of my attention and I ask, "why can't I stamp while you make your card." Thinking to myself how could I possibly sit in front of my stamping stuff for that long without using it?
"Because I'm going to need help and you can't be distracted."
I kind of laughed and the conversation ended there... However.... he kept picking things up through out the isles looking at them, I'm sure to see if there was something he wanted to put on "his" card.
It doesn't stop there... now as a little background, I've explained to him a few times what Split Coast Stampers is so he is familiar with the galleries and leaving comments and such. So I'm sitting on the couch and he come and sits next to me and asks if there is a way to look at just crimped cards. So I do a search and let him look through the gallery. For twenty minutes he looks at card after card insisting I leave coments for him. At the end of this time he stands up and say, "no one has a card like my idea," then walks away.
Needless to say now I'm anxious to see if he will actually sit down and make a card now.
Wednesday, December 6, 2006
Monday, December 4, 2006
Just because you were born in '97 doesn't mean you're a 90's kid. It's not like you could remember the original Simpsons. I am sorry but three conscious years of the 90's just wont cut it.
You're a 90's kid if: You remember watching Doug, Ren & Stimpy, Pinky and the Brain, and Two Stupid Dogs.
You've gotten ice cream from an ice cream truck.
AAAAAAAH real monsters.
You've ever ended a sentence with the word "SIKE!"
You just cant resist finishing this... "Iiiiiiin west philladelphia born and raised..."
You remember TGIF on ABC. Step by Step, Family Matters, Dinosaurs, and Boy Meets World.
You remember when 2Pac and Selena died.
You remember when it was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
You got super excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.
You remember reading "Goosebumps."
You took plastic cartoon lunch boxes to school.
You remember the craze, then the banning, of slap bracelets and slam books.
You still get the urge to say "NOT" after (almost) every sentence...Not...
You used to listen to the radio all day long just to record "Your FAVORITE song of ALL time."
Where in the world is Carmen San Diego?
Captain Planet. He's our Hero.
Gumby was "Da Bomb"
You remember trying to say bloody mary three times in front of the mirror to see what would happen.
You remember when super nintendo's and Sega Genisis became popular.
You always wanted to send in a tape to America's Funniest Home Videos... but never taped anything funny.
You remember watching home alone 1, 2 , and 3........and tried to pull the pranks on "intruders."
You remember watching The Magic School Bus, Wishbone, and Reading Rainbow on PBS.
When you were grown up when you turned 7, cuz you could watch are you afraid of the dark because it was tvY7!
You remember those Where's Waldo books.
You remember when Mortal Kombat Was "Da Bomb"!
You remember eating Warheads (those sour candies)
You remember watching the 1st Batman, Aladdin, Ninja Turtles, and 3 Ninjas movies.
You remember Ring Pops.
You remember drinking Fruitopia and Surge.
If you remember when every thing was "da BOMB"
When they made the new lunchables so that you could make tacos and pizza!!
You remember "boom boxes" vs. cd players
Writing M.A.S.H. notes (and the twenty different versions of that)
Making those little paper fortune cookie things.. and then predicting your life with them.
You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By The Bell"
You haven't always had a computer... and u lived without the internet.
You watched the original cartoons of Rugrats, Power Rangers,and Ninja Turtles.
You had a favorite New Kid on the block, and you knew all of there names.
Michael Jordan was a king.
Yikes pencils and erasers were the stuff!
All your school supplies were "Lisa Frank" brand
You remember when the new Beanie Babies and talking Elmo were always sold out.
Carebears and The Gummy Bears.
Gak was the coolest thing invented.
Lambchop's song never ended.
The old dollar bills.
Silver dollars were cool to have.
You remember a time before the WB.
You collected all the Troll dolls.
You owned a portable tape player.
If you even know what an original Walkman is.
You remember wanting to sit on the orange Nickelodeon couch.
You've gotten creeped out by "Are You Afraid of the Dark?"
You know the Macarena by heart.
"Talk to the hand" ... enough said.
You always said, "Then why don't you marry it!"
You know the significance of the number 23.
You went to McD's to play in the play place.
When we were younger: Before the MySpace frenzy, before the internet & text messaging, before Sidekicks & iPods, before MIKE JONES, before PlayStation2 or X-BOX, before Sponge Bob, when you gotten seriously messed up and still had a good day playing outside.
When light up sneakers were cool.
When you rented VHS tapes, not DVDs.
When gas was $0.95 a gallon
Caller ID was a new thing.
When we recorded stuff on VCRs.
When we called the radio station to request songs to hear off our Walkmans.
When 2Pac and Biggie where alive.
When the Chicago Bulls were the best team ever.