Wednesday, June 13, 2007

{ Thanks }



I sat down today to stamp and I drew a complete blank! All I knew is that I wanted to use my new Prismacolor pencils again. So I jumped on SCS to see what the challenge was. Wednesday is sketch challenge day, I've never done one of those before so figured it was a great time to play.

I pulled out a Basic Grey pad I've never touched before and selected two sheets of designer paper. The crossed layer and the pink layer just below the top layer with flowers. Originally I put it together as is on a white card base, but I wasn't happy with the overall look. So i took it apart and played around. First I used my SU Linen stamp with Close to Cocoa ink. Then I sponged on pink chalk ink. I used a blue chalk ink and directly wiped it down the length of the card and again sponged it, this time with dark pink chalk ink. I'm really happy with the way it turned out, matches very nicely!

I stamped the flowers with StazOn ink and masking. The "Thanks" was cut out of chipboard with my Cuttlebug. The tag was made with my Cricut and the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridge. I used Crystal Effects to attach it. Of course all the coloring on the top layer was done with Prismacolor pencils, I sure do love them!!



Supplies:
Stamps: Autumn Leaves Flowers, Flourishes
Paper: SU Whisper White, Close to Cocoa; Basic Grey Phoebe designer paper
Ink: StazOn Timber Brown, Colorbox Chalk inks Ice Blue, Warm Red, Rouge
Embellishments: Ribbon
Other: Provocraft, Cuttlebug & Olivia Die, Cricut & Tags, Bags, Boxes & More cartridge; Prismacolor Pencils; SU Write Marker

No comments: