Friday, March 2, 2007

{ This Lil' Piggy... }

Once dreamed to be the star football in the Superbowl!


All images copyright Stampin' Up!

So my husband and I were out to dinner tonight and we started talking about some cards I recently made. I had mentioned that I saw some cards a while back that used the CB Tiny Bubbles embossing folder to make a card that looked like a football. He thought a pig stamp on a football would be funny.... then I remembered a stamp from Happy Harmony, "Dreams come a size too big so we can grow into them." I mentioned it to him and we both agreed it would be a hilarious card!

I think this would be a great Superbowl invite! My Aunt & Uncle throw a Superbowl party every year.. they don't watch football during the normal season, nor do most the people who show up. So I think it would be perfect, come see the pig that dreamt of being in the Superbowl one day! LOL

I wanted the football to look real so I did an image search on Google and I found this football. I obviously CB dry embossed the paper. The black outline is heat embossed which I did by using a paint brush with clear embossing fluid from a reinker and black embossing powder. The laces were made with SU grosgrain ribbon. I originally had a brown pig but as my husband pointed out, it didn't stand out enough. He suggested I make a pink pig, so I used pastels to create this lil' pig which is popped up with pop dots. I hope you like this card as much as I do! Enjoy.

Recipe:

Stamps: SU Very Punny, Happy Harmony
Paper: SU Basic Black, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Vellum
Ink: SU Chocolate Chip, Craft Basic Black
Embellishments: Su Ribbon
Other: SU Pastels, Misc Pop dots, Brayer, Cuttlebug
Techniques: Heat Embossing

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

Great card...you can talk to your DH about stamping? I wish!