Thursday, March 29, 2007

{ Emerging Thanks }

All images copyright Stampin' Up!
So I learned a new technique today, emerging color. Simple, but a little time consuming, but I love the way it looks! Try it out, here's how:

1. Using two different colors stamp random images on white or vanilla card stock.
2. Using Versmark and clear embossing powder emboss a third image randoming over the card stock.
3. Using a brayer apply ink completely over the card stock. Wa-la!

I'm going to have to try it again soon, I want to use a bigger, stamp for the embossing part of it.

For the top layer I stamped the flower in Pale plum and colored in the center. I then stamped another flower over the first with Versamark and Heat & Stick Powder so I could apply some glitter. The "Thanks" cut out was done with my Cuttlebug. It was a die that came with an alphabet. I think that is about it, so enjoy!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU On the Spot, Polka Dots & Petals, Polka Dots & Paisley
Paper: SU Whisper White, Pale Plum, Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum
Ink: SU Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum
Embellishments: SU Ribbon, Misc Eyelets
Other: Cuttlebug & Die, Heat & Stick Powder, Glitter, Heat Tool, Brayer, SU Round Tab Punch, Write Marker, Distressing Tool
Techniques: Emerging Color

No comments: