Wednesday, March 28, 2007

{ Made on a Sleepless Night }

All images copyright Stampin' Up!

Well, I couldn't sleep again tonight, so I decided to stamp. I was having a little trouble being creative though, probably because of the lack of sleep I've had the past few weeks. So I decided to check out today's SCS challenge, Wednesday is sketch challenge day, click here to check out the sketch.

I had so much fun coloring the doodles for a card I made the other I decided to use SU's Doodle This so I could play with them again. I didn't post my other card on my blog, so if you want to see it you can check it out in my SCS gallery. Even though I was using a blender pen for the color I didn't want worry about any bleeding in the ink, so I used Stazon for the doodles. Then the fun part, I used my Water Color Wonder Crayons (oh how I love those!) and my blender pen to color all the doodles. The flower behind the "friend" image was done with regular SU ink, then I lightly colored it and stamped the "friend" image in Stazon (to match the doodles) on top. The flower looks like a watermark, I'm really happy with how that turned out. I popped the scallops up using pop dots. A little ribbon and hardware, an wa-la! Another beautiful card is complete!

Supplies:

Stamps: SU Doodle This, Lexicon of Love
Paper: SU Elegant Eggplant, So Saffron, Very Vanilla
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, SU Going Gray
Embellishments: SU Ribbon, Hodgepodge Hardware, Glitter Glue
Other: SU Water Color Wonder Crayons, Blender Crayon, Misc Pop Dots, Marvy Scalloped Punches

No comments: