Saturday, April 7, 2007

{ Designer Purse }

Today's SCS challenge was an inspiration challenge. The item to be inspired by is a $2900 Valentino Purse. I saw the challenge last night before I went to bed and fell asleep thinking about what I was going to make. I haven't put my Cricut to any good use since I bought it (big waste of money!) and I knew there was a purse in one of my cartridges so I figured this would be the perfect reason to pull the Cricut out.

To make the purse I used a purse box from the Tags, Bags, Boxes & More cartridge on my Cricut. I selected the blackout option so I wouldn't have all the slits to put it together with. I then cut off all the tabs and stamped my flowers on it. I used the Tiny Bubbles embossing folder for my Cuttlebug with a rolling pin to give it a very light texture. It's really hard to see in the picture, but in real life it looks great! I cut a new handle out using the old one as a template in a little darker color which I also used for the center of the purse and the little tabs on the bottom. All the edges of the purse and tabs are sponged with the same chalk ink I used for the flowers. I'm not one for faux stitching but since I don't have any gold thread I used it here on the center and edges of the purse. I must say I am really happy with it in the case. I anchored down the tabs and handle with gold brads and used a gold charm that says "dream" in lieu of a "V" for the focal point. Not only do I have no use for a card with a "V" focal point, but this was the only gold item I had that would work. Actually ended up being perfect because I want to give this card to a good friend of mine who loves purses and I'm sure she's dreamed of having a beautiful, expensive purse like that used for the challenge picture!

The rest of the card was very simple. Just a lot of layers. The top one was obviously run through my Cuttlebug. The layer is actually to long for one run through so I had to do it twice. The seam is hidden by the ribbon. The purse itself is popped up pretty high with pop-up strips. I hope you enjoy this card as much as I enjoyed making it!



Supplies:
Stamps: AC Moore $1 Stamps
Paper: SU Bravo Burgundy, Always Artichoke, Regal Rose, Very Vanilla, Pretty in Pink
Ink: SU Craft Always Artichoke; Color Box Rouge
Embellishments: SU Ribbon, MM Brads; Misc Dream Charm, Ribbon
Other: SU Ticket Punch; Cricut & Tags, Bags, Boxes & More Cartridge, Cuttlebug & Embossing Folder; MM Paper Piercing Tool; Misc Gold Pen, Pop-up Strips
Techniques: Sponging, Faux Stitching, Dry Embossing

No comments: