Wednesday, April 11, 2007

{ Spots, Dots & A Silly Whale! }

Some images Copyright Stampin' Up!



Just playing around with my new Cuttlebug folder and die. I love this little whale!


Like I normally do I rolled by brayer over all the dry embossing. I sponged the edge of the whale and the water spray and doodled on the artichoke and safforn borders. The designer paper was a bit to bright for this card so I altered it quite a bit. I stamped off my SU Crosshatch background stamp then stamped it over the designer paper. I heavily sponged the edges of the designer paper and lightly sponged over the rest of it. The first layer is vellum which I torn after adhering it to the artichoke cardstock. I find it pretty hard to adhere small items to dry embossed paper so I used Crystal Effects to adhere the starfish. I couldn't find a good place to add a sentiment, so I just stamped a birthday sentiment on the inside. The layout is from today's SCS sketch challenge.


Supplies:

Stamps: SU Crosshatch
Paper: SU Bravo Burgundy, Always Artichoke, So Saffron, Brocade Blue, Ballet Blue, Vellum; DCWV Retro Prints
Ink: SU Bravo Burgundy, Brocade Blue
Other: SU Write Markers Hodge Podge Hardware; Cuttlebug, Embossing Folder & Die; Misc Brayer, Sponge Daubers, Ribbon
Techniques: Sponging

No comments: