Thursday, April 5, 2007

{ In My Thoughts & Prayers }

Some images copyright Stampin' Up!

Okay so I totally love this card! I had so much fun making it and I just LOVE to look at it! I can't believe how great it turned out. When I started I didn't really have anything in mind, I just picked some designer paper I liked and it kind of evolved into what it is.


I stamped the Print Pattern and French Script in Going Gray first then stamped the flowers in Craft Basic Black then embossed them with black embossing powder. I didn't mean to emboss the Print Pattern image, the embossing powder stuck to it so I did it anyways. I liked the way it turned out, so it's fine with me! The sentiment was also done with Craft ink and black embossing powder which I attached with eyelets over the Cameo Coral layer. I used StazOn Jet Black ink for the flower behind the sentiment, then I masked it off, stamped the French script and sponged all the borders with Going Grey ink. Last but not least I added the ribbon, I really like the way the knot turned out with the ends going in the same direction as the rest of the ribbon. We'll see if I can ever duplicate it!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU Looks Like Spring, French Script, Print Pattern; Stampendous Thoughts & Prayers
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Cameo Coral; Autumn Leaves Scribbles; Misc Vellum
Ink: SU Going Grey, Craft Basic Black; StazOn Jet Black
Embellishments: SU Ribbon; MM Eyelets
Other: SU Ticket Punch; Misc Black EP
Techniques: Heat Embossing, Sponging

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow ... this is a terrific card. Jumps right out at you! I stumbled upon your blog and have been enjoying.
Speedy B

Allison Rankin said...

This is lovely...the colors are striking!