Thursday, July 12, 2007

{ Monkey Invites }


When I was a teenager I had a few pen pals, around 20 I think. One, Rheanna, I met through a homeschooling magazine and years later we ended up meeting each other by chance at the home school convention. Of all my pen pals Rheanna is the the only one I kept in touch with through the years. We've kept in contact through e-mail, myspace and instant messaging and we both went to each others weddings. She just has a baby last August and asked me to make the invitations for baby Brian's first birthday. This is what I came up with.


First I stamped the images on the background in different colors then I ran them through my Cuttlebug with the Happy Birthday embossing folder. The card opens up by un-tieing the ribbon. The heart and "1" were both made with my Cricut.

Supplies:
Stamps: SU Monkey Business
Paper: SU Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, So Saffron
Ink: SU Always Artichoke, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, Chocolate Chip
Embellishments: SU Ribbon
Other: Provocraft Cricut & Cuttlebug; SU Pastels

Techniques: Rock & Roll

No comments: