Monday, January 15, 2007

I Fell Into the Craze!

Some images copyright Stampin' Up!

Stamps: SU Simply Said, Misc Sentiment
Paper: SU Taken With Teal, Rose Red, Very Vanilla
Ink: SU Craft Rose Red
Other: SU Write Marker, Watercolor Wonder Crayon
Embellishments: MM snaps, Misc Fibers, Glitter Glue


When I first started seeing people use the different scalloped punches from Marvy I wasn't too into them... at least I didn't get what all the hype was about them. However I have now broken down and bought two of my own. Anyone who knows me pretty well would know that I'm not very patient when I decide I want something so ordering things online isn't normally my thing. I've never seen them in a store before, but I also haven't looked so I wasn't sure which stores carried them. So I went craft store hopping from Michael's, to Joann's to AC Moore and was able to pick up two of them! All I could find was the square, which was fine, I didn' t have a preference for which shape I would end up with. I just wanted two different sizes in the same shape so I could layer them.

My mission today was to make a special card for a friend who going through some things I've been going through lately. I wanted to send some love and encouragement her way. I think I succeeded because I think the finished product is absolutely beautiful! In the picture it looks like I layered a vanilla punch on a teal punch, but actually what I did was punch out a window from the rose and vanilla layers and put a vanilla punch on the card base. I wanted to do a glitter window on this one, but I couldn't seem to find the packing tape. So instead I framed the punch with glitter glue, an idea I actually got from the person I'm sending a card to! I used quite a few snaps on this because I hoard them like crazy! I should post a picture of my eyelet/snap/brad container. I keep buying, buying, buying, but I never use, use, use! So in order to keep up with one of my stamping resolutions I must start to use, use, use. I think the snaps were a great touch to add to this card, especially because the color of the Making Memories snaps matched my Stampin' Up! cardstock perfectly! When I found this out today I thought to myself, "I should buy more." Yes, I did stop myself from that thought since it goes against my resolution! Anyway, last but not least I needed more space to write something inside. Since the back of the card front would be waaaaaaaaaaay to bumpy to write on and I don't want to ruin the beautiful dry embossing with pen imprints I decided to add a extra sheet of cardstock to write on. Well, enjoy!

No comments: