Monday, January 1, 2007

A Late Night Creation


What a great way to spend New Year's Eve, stamping! I made three cards last night. Two of them are OK but I'm not too thrilled about. You can view them both in my SCS gallery, here is one and here is the other. I did really like the way this one turned out though.


Some images Copyright Stampin' Up
Stamps: SU Wild About You
Paper: SU Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Ink: SU Going Gray, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip, Craft Chocolate Chip
Embellishments: Embroidery Floss, MM brads

I couldn't get a really good picture of this one. I tried last night inside and you couldn't see anything. Today I went outside and got a much better picture, but still not that great. The card base is always artichoke which I heavily edged with my always artichoke in pad then distressed with my sanding block. For the chocolate chip layer I soaked each edge in water for a minute then distressed the edge with my utility knife and separated the layers. After I did each side and it dried I ran my craft chocolate chip pad along the edges and poured on the clear embossing powder, which of course I heated up with my heat gun. I love doing that to the edge of my layers, give such a nice look. After I stamped and cut out my animal images I ran the chocolate chip ink pad on the edges and lightly distressed them with my sanding block again. On to the stitching... that's pretty self explanatory, takes a little time, but I think WELL worth it! Added the "wild about you" stamped image and added some brads and walla! I've gotten so quick with the distressing that this card didn't take much time at all. Hope you enjoy!

No comments: