Sunday, February 11, 2007

{ A Blossom & Doodles }

I guess I'm addicted to these layer less cards, or one layer cards as some call them. I'm not really sure what they actually are called. Layer less seems correct since all there is to the card is a card base, no layers on it. But a lot of people call them one layer cards. Either way, I think I'm addicted!

A while back I made a personal challenge to myself to only make layer less cards until I was comfortable with them. I think that lasted a few weeks and I must have succeeded because now even though I'm not set on making them anymore I sure do seem to make a lot of them!

I'm pretty happy with this one. The rose background was made by masking the card off with a piece of scrap paper. I punched two scalloped squares out of to make one long rectangle. I used pastels for the coloring. The center of the flower is a stamp from SU's Little Pieces which I put a circle of dots around then covered with a page pebble and cut out. The stem is a stamp from SU's Simply Circles, the one with three small circles, I only inked on of them and stamped my stem. I put a bunch of dots around the flower, stem and leaves and drew the frame by hand. I finished it off by added the hardware and ribbon, if you look closely there is a brad on one of the dots for the stem. This one was a lot of fun. Enjoy!

All images copyright Stampin' Up!
Stamps: SU Island Blossoms, Little Pieces, Simply Circles
Paper: SU Very Vanilla
Ink: SU Craft Rose Red, Craft Always Artichoke
Embellishments: SU Ribbon, Hodgepodge Hardware Swirl Clip & Brad, Misc Page Pebble
Other: SU Pastels, Write Marker, Marvy Giga Scallop Square Punch
Techniques: Masking, Doodling

2 comments:

Sue said...

I love the glass pebble in the middle of the flower. Cute card!

Anonymous said...

Your style is incredible! You truly inspire me.
Bonnie