Sunday, February 11, 2007

{ Some Workshop Cards }

As you can probably tell from looking at most my cards, I'm not a simple card makers. Most all my cards have lots of detail and they all take a lot of time. Not all card making is this way, actually I've seen so many quick, simple, beautiful cards. It's just not my style.... actually I find it very difficult to stay simple. I always want to do more! Now that I've become an SU demo I do need to some up with some more simple cards using current SU sets. Yesterday I made three in under an hour and today I made one more in about fifteen minutes. I wasn't going to post them here, but I figured I should since everyone has a different style of stamping and I'm sure many of you ladies out there will love them, so they are worth sharing. All of these are just card fronts since they will just be used for examples for workshops I figured not reason to make a full card and waste cardstock.


I can't believe how much I like this set now. I really had no interest in owning it and if it wasn't free I wouldn't have it, but I love it now! The flowers and the sentiment are all done with SU Write Markers. I liked the more natural effect it gave the flowers. I did the sentiment the same way so it would match the flowers. I'm very happy with the way the stamp work turned out. All the background stamp work was done with Craft (Pigment) ink. I tend to use more Craft ink because I like the smooth matte finish. The down side to using Craft ink is it takes longer to dry, not a problem though, I dry it right up with my heat gun. I just bought the SU brand heat gun and I really like it over the other brand I had. It must be hotter because everything dries and embosses much quicker. I used my ticket punch on the corners of the Regal Rose layer but did not use it on layer just above that, I love this look! I first saw it on cards in Cindy Haffner's SCS Gallery. Worth taking a look at too, she is very talented! Anyway, I actually like this card a lot, I will probably make a few full size copies of this card.


All images copyright Stampin' Up!
Stamps: SU Polka Dots & Paisley, It's Your Birthday
Paper: SU Taken With Teal, Rose Red, Regal Rose
Ink: SU Craft Taken With Teal, SU Craft Rose Red
Other: SU Write Markers, Ticket Punch
Embellishments: SU Ribbon

This card started off as a CASE from a Stampin' Success magazine, but in the end, it looks nothing like the card I was trying to CASE. It's pretty straight forward, well, except for the flower focal point. I used the same flower stamp that I used on the burgundy layer. I did the Rock & Roll technique on the flower with SU So Saffron & Bravo Burgundy then used my spring bouquet flower punch to punch out the flower and also punched out another flower in Bravo Burgundy. I then punched holes in all the layers (the top flower down to the first So Saffron layer) and secured them with a brad from SU's Hodgepodge Hardware. I also used the spiral clip from the hardware box with the ribbon attached to it. I've never really used So Saffron until the last few days, I really like it! Especially with these colors. Always Artichoke is one of my favorite colors and I think they work well together.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!

Stamps: SU Seeing Spots, Print Pattern
Paper: SU Always Artichoke, So Saffron, Bravo Burgundy, Very Vanilla
Ink: SU Craft Always Artichoke, Craft Bravo Burgundy, Craft So Saffron
Embellishments: SU Ribbon, Hodgepodge Hardware Spirl Clip & Brad
Other: SU Spring Bouquet Punch, Stamp-a-ma-Jig

This one is definitely a CASE from a Stampin' Success magazine (Oct. '06). I changed the colors and a little of the stamp work, oh and I didn't use a window sheet like theirs had. But overall it's pretty much the same. The placement of the ribbon was chosen because I smudged a little Craft ink with my finger... I love embellishments, great cover-ups! The row of flowers was done with the small flower from SU's Simply Said set. Then I used a SU Write Marker to make some dots around the flowers.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!

Stamps: SU Simply Said
Paper: SU Brocade Blue, So Saffron, Regal Rose, Whisper White
Ink: SU Craft Regal Rose, Rose Red, Brocade Blue
Other: Staples, SU Ribbon, Write Marker
Techniques: 2 Step Stampin'

Well, my last card is definitely not my normal style! I wanted to do some thing a little different so all my example cards didn't look all the same! The flowers were colored in with SU Write Markers and I used the same SU Paisley background stamp on the Regal Rose layer as well as the well as for the main teal background. All three tags are popped up with dimensionals. Despite not being my normal style, this was fun and it was extremely quick and easy!



All images copyright Stampin' Up!

Stamps: SU Paisley, Tag Time
Paper: SU Taken With Teal, Rose Red, Regal Rose, Very Vanilla
Ink: SU Taken With Teal, Regal Rose, Basic Black
Embellishments: SU Ribbon
Other: SU Dimensionals, Paper Piercing Tool, Small Round Corner Punch, Rectangle Punch

No comments: