Thursday, February 22, 2007

{ Polka Dots, Petals & A Nice Thank You }

Well... this started off as a card I wanted to use for a shoebox swap, but it ended up being way to intricate and time consuming. Even though I'm a little strapped for time to finish my swap card I figured I better finish it, otherwise it may sit unfinished for a long time... if it ever got finished that is.


I tried a different fold compared to my other cards. I'm really happy with the way it turned out, so I'm sure you will see more of them from me in the future. This picture is the closed view.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!

This picture is a somewhat open view of my card. Unfortunately it is a pretty difficult card to get a good open picture of, even so I think the picture is good enough to figure out how it opens.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!

Hmmmm... where to start. To stamp the "U" I inked it up with Craft Sage Shadow ink, then stamped the flowers on it in Craft Perfect Plum. I then masked the flower using a piece of SU cardstock. Because it is much thicker than the scrap paper I normally use it left the nice boarder. I did this to draw a little more focus to the flowers instead of the "U." I sponged the brown background and a little Sage onto the the images on the left side of the card and a little Plum on the right side. I think today's SCS challenge was something to do with sponging. Does it qualify for a challenge card if I had no intentions of it being one? Anyway, now all I have to do is figure out who to give this too! Enjoy... and let me know what you think!

Recipe:

Stamps: SU Polka Dots & Paisley, Polka Dots & Petals, All About U
Paper: SU Chocolate Chip, Perfect Plum, Sage Shadow, Very Vanilla
Ink: SU Chocolate Chip, Perfect Plum, Sage Shadow, Craft Chocolate Chip, Craft Perfect Plum, Craft Sage Shadow
Techniques: Sponging, Kissing, 2 Step Stamping, Masking
Other: SU Round Tab Punch, SU Ticket Punch, Kraft Edger’s Scallop Scissors


No comments: