Saturday, February 17, 2007

{ A Treat for Todd }

My husband has been really stressed over the past few weeks. Mostly because he's been extremely busy with work and has a rough school schedule this semester, plus it doesn't help that I've been pretty stressed out over other things. I'm sure that wears on him as well. He has been trying to cut back on working a little so he has more time for school, but like normal, he's out working on a Saturday again. When he gets home this afternoon he'll have a bunch of school work he needs to start working on, so I thought I'd make a little treat for him.


All images copyright Stampin' Up!

I have a bunch of these boxes I received from a special SU was having last year. If you ordered a certain amount of stuff you got a free gift bag of overstock and retired products. I haven't touched them yet, so I thought this would be a great time to pull them out.

To make the circle I punched out a piece of scrap paper and traced it on the inside of the box then cut it out with paper snips. I then taped a piece of plastic to the inside of the box. The picture makes the circle look a little distorted, but in real life it actually is a nice smooth circle.

The stamp work is pretty self explanatory. Once that was done I taped up the box and rubbed ink heavily on the edges and lightly over the surface. All the tags came from the same SU box sheet. I used craft ink on one of the larger pieces, stamped the little phrases and cut them out. I then tied them all together and tied it to the box through small holes I punched on the top. As you can tell I punched holes on the top and tied the box shut. I really like this box, too bad SU no longer carries it, fortunately thought I have bunch of them right now, so you may see more from me in the near future!

Recipe:
Stamps: SU Polka Dots & Petals, Fancy Flexible Phrases
Paper: SU Confetti Box Kit
Ink: SU Night of Navy, Brocade Blue, Chocolate Chip, Craft Brocade Blue, Craft Night of Navy
Embellishments: SU Cord
Other: Hershey Kisses, Terrifically Tacky Tape

No comments: