Monday, February 5, 2007

{ Hubby Love }


I wanted to use SU's Letters of Love for my husband's Valentine and I had never attempted a quarter fold card, so I figured this was the perfect time to try it out. I really didn't have anything in mind when I started, other than I wanted to make it as masculine as possible. I don't think I succeeded. I did keep the color scheme good though, the only hit of pink is on the front of the envelope, I had to sneak that in there!


I wanted to keep the card as a whole uniform, which I did, each corner has a bg stamped on it, then a square die cut, stamp frame die cut then a smaller square die cut with the letter stamped on it. I changed it up by using all different bg stamps and techniques on each of the different layers. I stamped one, edged one with pastels, doodled on other, then in the end I added a different embellishment to each letter.... basically I just had fun! And I totally love the way this turned out!! I can't wait till Valentine's Day now to give it to my wonderful husband!

On the inside flaps I wrote a bunch of the cutsie nick names that I call him. I wrote them with my SU Write Marker in Night of Navy so they wouldn't stick out and be a focus point but be just a subtle addition to the card.

Anyway, I hope you like!

Here's the recipe:

Stamps: SU Letters of Love, Love Matters, Looks Like Spring, French Script, Beyond the Basics, Delight in Life, Misc Love BG
Paper: SU Night of Navy, Brocade Blue, Whisper White
Ink: SU Craft Night of Navy, Craft Whisper White
Embellishments: SU Cord, Ribbon, Misc Jumper, Wedding Set
Other: SU Dimensionals, Pastels, Write Marker, Misc

1 comment:

Lorie said...

Although I'm not your husband I like it alot! It is such a great guy card that shows lots of love! Great job!