Friday, February 2, 2007

{ Sometimes it's Hard to "Delight in Life" }

All images copyright Stampin' Up!

I guess I'm just having a bad week. Today was horrible, just one thing after another. However it did start off good, I went to UPS and picked up a package from UPS full of a ton of fun stuff! Eleven new stamp sets, woohoo! I spent a few hours in front of the t.v. mounting them all. Normally I don't mind mounting stamps, but I got Fancy Flexible Phrases. OMG! That was horrible! I watched two sitcoms and an hour drama on the tivo, so it was a little under two hours to mount them. I hope they are worth it!


Anyway, the first set I had any inspiration to play with was Delight in Life, which considering my week I found kind of ironic. I am extremely happy with this card. I'm not too fond of this set, but I really love this card. It will probably grow on me with time. I chose the color scheme based off the Seaside ribbon. I was kind of iffy about using brown for the bigger flowers, but I think in the end they look great. I also had fun using my new ticket punch. I finally got it! I've been using a scalloped scissor on previous cards, but the end result with the ticket punch is much nicer... and a whole lot easier to use!


My husband actually had a lot more to say about this card than just "cool." He loves the flowers. He thought it was done with one stamp so I had to explain what two step stamping is. Well, I hope you enjoy this card as much as I do.

Recipe:
Stamps: SU Delight in Life
Paper: SU Very Vanilla, Sage Shadow, Chocolate Chip
Ink: SU Craft Chocolate Chip, Craft Sage Shadow, Craft Ballet Blue, Craft Bashful Blue
Embellishments: SU Seaside Ribbon, Eyelets
Other: Dimensionals

1 comment:

Rae said...

Delight in the card! That is soooo cool!