Last Friday my Upline came over and helped me heat the vellum onto the candles. Yeah, vellum! I couldn't use tissue paper because I needed to run it through the printer, there was no way I could have stamped the wording onto the candles... not for nearly 150 candles that is! You can't see the vellum but it is a little harder to heat onto the candle, so I would only use it again if it were for these reasons.
Monday and Tuesday night my Aunt and I sat in front of the TV to watch General Hospital while we bagged all the candles. We used two layers of ribbon to tie them closed. The first one is a wide, shimmery organdy ribbon and the second, tied in a bow, is a narrow satin ribbon. Then we added a tag and they were done!
In the end I think there were 10-12 hours spent on them between three people. Defiantly not bad... and they only cost about $60 to make. Since they are working on a strict budget I was more than happy to help my brother and future sister-in-law out by making these as a gift for them. When Heather saw the samples she said they were gorgeous and just her style, so I'm sure she will be pleased when she sees the final product.
Stamps: SU Doodle This, Delight in Life, In Full Bloom
Paper: Misc Shimmery Vellum (Tag), Clear Vellum (Candle)
Ink: SU Craft Bravo Burgundy
Other: Misc Ribbon, Clear Bags, Heat Tool, SU Small Tag Punch